HOw To PANTRY STORAGE JARS IN THE MUDROOM

Cracker jars on pantry shelf
Last Friday, I posted HERE about some cool jars we found at Ikea.  Well this Friday I thought I'd share some more of our storage plans.  I've been collecting these cracker jars (also called biscuit jars) from various stores or online as I find them (on sale) for about a year.  The link I posted is to Amazon, where they always have them and frequently at great prices.  They aren't vintage of course, but they do have that vintage look that we like so well.  I also find them at other local stores and big box retailers in town.

These are the shelves in the mudroom/pantry.  I took one shelf and set it at this level to maximize usage below and then figured out how many I could fit in the space.  Turns out the magic number is twelve...three rows of four jars!  

Set of Cracker jars on pantry shelf
They come in three sizes, 1 quart, 2 quart and 1 gallon, so that was a perfect way of setting up the shelves to give us a uniform look while giving us different sizes for the things used more of and less of.
Cracker (or biscuit) jars, image courtesy of Amazon.com
There is another shelf next to it the same size, so I set it at the same level and I'm going to do one more and replicate this on that one.  If I do that, it would give us at least two dozen jars for storage.  With 2nd Man's love of cooking, that would be about right.  Rices, grains, sugars, flours, beans, and everything else in between.  Obviously we'll end up having more jars elsewhere in the pantry and kitchen as we use the space and figure out what works best for us, but for now, this should work out perfectly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut