HOw To SODA vs POP vs COKE vs WHATEVER

Graphic courtesy of USA Today
I found this online the other day and was fascinated by it.  I've always been intrigued about the differences in regional words and phrases.  For example, down here in the Southern US we say Y'ALL to mean you all, even though it's grammatically incorrect.  So when I saw this, I thought I would share it.
  
It's a map showing how the majority of people in each of the counties of the United States describe the ubiquitous fizzy carbonated beverage we seem to love so much.  For those of you in other parts of the world, here in the US we use the words "Soda", "Pop", or just a generic "Coke" to describe them and it's pretty much based on where you live or grew up.  

So, in this chart, when people want a soft drink, this is what they told researchers they say.  The red tones are where most people say "give me a Coke".  Coke can mean Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper or whatever.  Strange I know, it's just what we say.  The blue tones are where people say "give me a pop", probably a shortened form of soda pop.  Speaking of, the yellowish tones are where the majority of people just say "give me a soda".  The greens and purple are "other" and I'm not sure what that is, ha.  You can see that it's kind of a North/South thing for the most part.  I wonder, are there differences in other parts of the world as well?

What do YOU say wherever you are?
Do share below...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut