HOw To AN AMERICAN SCALE?


OK, I laughed at this and then I thought, "I should put that on the blog!"  (I'm still learning about these great blogger epiphanies that come up on occasion).

What do you notice about this scale?  I was in a store and when I saw it, the retro design caught my eye first.  I thought "hmm, this might be cool to have at the farm".  Then I stood there and started laughing.  Do you see what I saw?

American Kitchen Scale...with metric measurements only!

Now I'm sure our visitors from other countries will laugh at the fact that America is still on the Imperial system, and yes I was taught metric back in the 19... *cough* sometime in the last century, and I tried, I really, really did, but it just didn't register in my head.  Now in all fairness, maybe it's a reference to the design, but still without even any reference to "pounds and ounces", it wouldn't work very well in most American kitchens.  I'm just sayin'!

So, alas, this neat looking, retro scale would be lost on us at the farm and sadly, it's still sitting on the shelf where I saw it.  I'm sure I'll find the right one (with Imperial measurements) someday, LOL.  Couldn't resisted sharing though.
Edited to add: This was at Hobby Lobby if you are so inclined to look for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut