HOw To STORAGE BOXES AND ORGANIZING THE BARN
With the cold, wet weather over a few weekends, it was time for me to tackle the barn/workshop.
I went to Home Depot and bought some HDX storage boxes over a couple of weekends so I'd have a variety of sizes.
We bought several of each size. We liked these containers because they have an overlapping lid that latches them shut and creates a tight seal. You can even use tie-wraps to really lock them down and they also stack on top of each other perfectly.
I didn't get any before pictures of the barn itself, but I did have these pictures of the empty loft.
So I got started. I had a vision of getting it all done in one day but, um, that wasn't going to happen. I just started with the blank slate of one loft...
And started boxing up and organizing. We kept the plastic boxes we already had and moved them up. Then we disposed of anything cardboard and transferred them to the new plastic boxes.
It didn't take long to fill up this side...
...and then I had another side to fill up too.
It didn't take long to get them up there too. It's a combination of holiday decorations, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and some collectible type things we want to keep for now.
There is still room up there for more boxes plus we have another loft on the other end of the barn that is the same size and completely empty. We'd like to keep things a bit organized by maybe keeping this end decorations for various things at the farm and maybe the other end will be tools that I don't use often or other things related to the workshop.
The floor of the barn is much clearer but it also still needs more clearing. I think we need some shelving around the sides and places to store things like the tools and woodworking supplies.
Baby steps!
Comments
Post a Comment