HOw To HELP ID THIS PLANT, UPDATE NORFOLK PINE
Someone put this by the trash dumpster at the apartment and you know me, I snatched it up! (2nd Man just shook his head, LOL!)
I took it to the farm and had to snap some pictures of it because I'm not sure what it is! Some sort of evergreen I'm guessing. Norfolk Pine.
I tipped it on its side so you could see it in more detail. I want to plant it in the ground but need to know what it is so I can make sure I do that correctly, i.e. soil, future size, light, water etc.
You see the glistening on it? It's not water...it's glitter! I think this was used as a Christmas decoration and someone just decided it was time to dispose of it. I'm hoping I can plant it somewhere and add a new plant or tree to the farm. And it will, for a while anyway, sparkle in the sunshine.
Nothing wrong with that!
UPDATE: We can always count on people from around the world to help us out with things like this. Norfolk Pine is definitely what it is. Yep, from what we've read, borderline possible outside. Haven't decided yet if we'll do it outside or keep it at the farm inside as a houseplant. I suppose maybe one season inside as a houseplant and maybe we could try next year outside.
Decisions, decisions...
Thanks again! Off to the farm today for more soil in the fruit tree beds.
UPDATE: We can always count on people from around the world to help us out with things like this. Norfolk Pine is definitely what it is. Yep, from what we've read, borderline possible outside. Haven't decided yet if we'll do it outside or keep it at the farm inside as a houseplant. I suppose maybe one season inside as a houseplant and maybe we could try next year outside.
Decisions, decisions...
Thanks again! Off to the farm today for more soil in the fruit tree beds.
Comments
Post a Comment