HOw To HOSE REEL HIDEAWAY FLOWERBED

A few weeks ago, I was sharing pictures of the work I was doing on the front flower beds.  One part I couldn't finish until I got the the right part, was the water hose area.  

Suncast hosereel
And this is the key part we were waiting for.  One of those "hose reel hideaways". We found ours are Home Depot but they also have them here:


This one was chosen for a few reasons. It was the largest one we could get that would fit in the spot perfectly (had to worry about front to back depth).

Suncast Hosereel Hideaway
It rotates both directions on the base (there are stakes to hold it to the ground) so that you can point it in the direction that your hose needs to go, which of course helps it come out much easier and keeps you from pulling it over as you pull out more hose or even raking it across your plants.  


It's also very large, holding up to 225' of hose!  I think we only have 100' on there currently so it might be time for a longer hose (or to add on I suppose).  This particular model has a feature called "smart track hose guide" which you can kind of see above.  The end of the hose goes through this guide which then moves back and forth as you reel it in, keeping the hose evenly distributed on the spindle. Pretty ingenious actually.  

My parents had one years ago that didn't have that feature and you had to make sure the hose was even as you rolled it up or you had to unroll and start over.  This feature is brilliant.  We can roll up 100 feet of hose in about 15 seconds. 


So we've gone from this messy area...


...to this neat and clean area!  

I put down the weedblock fabric and filled it with gravel so it's deep and covered.  There is a two outlet manifold, one has the connection to the garden hose (the green oval thing is the automatic timer for the garden watering) and the other outlet is for the hose reel box.  Actually now we need three outlet manifold for the backyard hose but we'll get that later.

It's just so much neater and cleaner and now that I've used it for a bit, I can unequivocally say that this is THE BEST thing we've purchased recently.  I can unroll as much as I need, water the flowerbeds along the front, all the plants on the porch, and it will even reach all the way around to both ends of the house for the future flowerbeds.  Then I just turn the handle and roll it back up neat and tidy!  The area still looks like the day I finished it over a month ago and it is used every single weekend.  If you have the need for one of these types of hose reels I would highly recommend them.

Sometimes it's the simple things in life!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

HOw To HORTON HEARS A WHO FLOWERS IN BLOOM