HOw To DRY ERASE CALENDAR BOARD FIND

I went downstairs at the apartment to check out the trash area again (wait, that sounds creepy, let's just call it the "recycling area", ha!).  

That's when I saw this potential treasure leaning up against the trash recycling dumpster container:


It's a dry erase calendar board.  

I immediately thought "SCORE!"  Then another guy walked by with his dog on the way in and said "I saw that earlier but someone used permanent marker instead of dry erase, that must be why they threw it away".  Having worked in offices for years, I knew that was something that happens occasionally and I knew exactly how to fix it. 

I waited for him to walk on in and then snatched it up and headed upstairs...

Removing permanent marker from dry erase board
2nd Man probably thought...."seriously?" but he never said anything.  Anyway, I knew that alcohol works best, but we didn't have any plain rubbing alcohol so I used what I've used at the office before...Purell Hand Sanitizer.  As you can see, you just spread some on a paper towel and go over the marker and it rubs right off, just like magic!  After a few seconds of rubbing, voila!


A blank reusable monthy calendar!

The calendar portion is also metal so magnets will stick to it (it had several homemade 'months' stuck on there but I threw them away, they were well worn).  Of course the bottom is cork board for push pins.  I'm going to put it up in the barn at the farm so that I can write out what I need to do each week.  It will help me focus on what needs to be done (garden/bees/fertilize/etc) and even what I've already done.  This way, hopefully, I won't overlook anything, or maybe not as much anyway.

SCORE! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

HOw To HORTON HEARS A WHO FLOWERS IN BLOOM