HOw To A GOOD DAY

 Saturday was good.  HOT.  But good.  Started off a bit nerve-wracking though.  I rolled the mower down the ramps from the shed, hopped on and it wouldn't start.  Even though I just replaced the battery a few weeks ago, I checked it.  It was good.  So I got online and Googled our model and the symptoms and found a suggestion.  When you get off the mower, a sensor in the seat cuts off power to the engine (for safety reasons).  I lifted the seat, removed the sensor, cleaned it of dust, hopped back on, and it started right up!  PHEW!

I got everything mowed, it looks so much better now.  


I cut it pretty short, time for its "Summer" cut (like me), ha!

Fresh Fig
What could have possibly done this to this fig?  Oh wait, it was ME!!!!!!  

I was riding around the fig tree with the mower and realized I needed to pluck them off so it could focus on root development.  Well, there were two that were nice and ripe.  And I COULDN'T let them go to waste.  Right?  

A warm, sweet fig right off the tree was pure heaven.  


I finished mowing everything, did some stuff in the garden and it was the end of the day.  

Texas Lilac (Vitex)
The Texas Lilacs are in full bloom.  I should start pruning them this Fall as they've grown quite a bit.  We kind of like the big bushy look though...we'll see how it goes.

Time for dinner...

Beef, peppers and mashed potatoes
...and 2nd Man did well.  A wonderful beef stew type dish that he just sort of made up with ingredients on hand.  Beef, fresh bell peppers from 2nd Family's garden, some fresh corn off the cob from the farmers market, all in a sauce/gravy made with cream of poblano...and mashed potatoes on the side.

It was yummy (as usual!)

More in the next post!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut