HOw To SHIPPING CRATE FIND

Over the last few months, I've discovered some fun "treasures" downstairs in our loading dock area where residents put their trash.  Bag trash goes down the trash chutes into a separate area.  For large items, cardboard boxes, etc, we have large dumpsters to use.

So when I can remember, I try to go check them out.  Saturday, I went down to check the mail and struck gold again!


Someone in the building had something shipped from overseas.  It came in this crate.  It's awesome.  Solid wood, very well constructed...


...and large.  It has a heavy lid and it's big, about 3' wide, 2' deep and about 2 1/2' tall.  

Wooden shipping crate
It also has nice, heavy duty folding handles on each side.  I don't know what yet, but I have big plans for this. I was thinking that once I got it stripped of labels and cleaned up, it might make a great storage container?  It's too big (unfortunately) to become a piece of furniture inside the house at the farm.  There's just no space for it.  It could be painted?  Stenciled?  Put wheels on it?  I don't think it would hold up outside, exposed to the elements, so the barn/shed are the only options I can think of.  

So that's my gold find.  Well, at least "I" think it's gold.  I'm sure 2nd Man just looked at me dragging this thing back in and thought "seriously"?  But he just smiled and let me be excited.  

As it should be, LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Methods of drainage (Open drainage, Closed drainage)