HOw To BRINGING WATER TO THE OTHER HALF OF THE GARDEN


Here is a project I did a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't get pictures so this one is before we covered the the beds for Winter.  I didn't get pictures of it because I didn't have the camera OR the phone while I was doing it.  D'oh!  So this is sort of an 'after' picture of what I did.

A year and half ago (right about now actually!), I had to dig a loooooong trench from the house to the garden so we'd have water out there.  But the faucet only had four connections on it and that would only let me bring water to one half of the garden.  We needed to get it to the other half for any future growing opportunities. 

Water to the other half of the garden
So I bought another hose stand with the four bibs on it just like the one on the opposite side.  Since the hose goes from the house to that side of the garden, I used a Y-connection and attached another hose to it.  Then all I had to do was dig a trench directly across the garden and connect it to the new hose stand on the other side.

Now we have eight connections so the entire garden can have water. We figure if four connections allowed water to half the garden, four more will complete water to the other half so we can (eventually) use all the raised beds.


Next step, calculating how to best utilize the drip irrigation in each bed and their connections to the faucets.  


Spring planning is beginning!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut