HOw To THE DAY AT THE FARM

You ever use up all your energy and just hit the wall and can't do anymore?  That happened today.  I DID have to mow once I got out there....could have let it go a week but just to be on the safe side, I figured it was best to go ahead and mow so that next weekend wouldn't be more work.  


Of course the temp was in the upper 90's (we almost made it to 100 today).  After a couple hours on the mower, I was reaching that point.  After mowing I had to do some work with the bees and working with the hives (more on that in an upcoming post) and that was a good hour and a half of the day (and hot, had to wear the bee suit).  I also unloaded about 30 of those large rocks I'm bringing from in town and then I had to unload some bags of mulch.  


I was going to break out the weedeater, but as you can see from this flower bed I didn't get to that.  Side note, photo taken to show we have some color!  They are only marigolds but hey, it's some color other than green.  Anyway, see the tall grass around the landscape timbers?  It's like that all around the house and garden fence and barns and trees...sigh.  

I just hit the wall and couldn't do anymore.  I had to put everything up and call it a day.  I stopped off at 2nd Family on the way out and dropped off a loaf of freshly baked bread that 2nd Man made early this morning.


They surprised us with THREE DOZEN fresh eggs from their girls.  Woo hoo!  I sense another frittata in our meal planning this week, and maybe some homemade pasta.  I headed back into town about 5pm and when I got home...


...2nd Man had one of my favorite meals ready...pan seared pork chop, mashed potatoes (forgot to get the picture with gravy) and of course southern style green beans with tomatoes and bacon, RECIPE HERE.

Oh and a glass (or two) of wine...

I might have been worn out but it was a good day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut