HOw To STAR WARS OH HAPPY DAY

Yep.  I'm a Star Wars nerd.  When the original came out, I was 11 years old.  Side note, is it just me or are 11 year olds now vastly different from when we were 11 years old?  Anyway, I digress...

I grew up on the original Star Trek (Kirk, Spock and the rest).  That was my first science fiction experience.  And I loved every minute of it.  Then Star Wars in 1977.  It was the movie that defined my childhood, growing up with it and a sequel coming twice over the next six years after that.  They started when I was a pre-teen child of 11 and ended (at least the first trilogy) when I was 18 and an adult.  Yep, I even had the figures (oh to have kept them in packages).


The second trilogy began in 1999, well into my adulthood.  And now this first movie of the next (and presumably last) trilogy is coming out as I am into my 50th year.  It's like meeting up with old friends and getting caught up on what's been going on since we last saw each other.  

2nd Man is a huge fan too...and while we are both thrilled it's finally out now, are we going to be seeing it opening weekend?  No, not really.  One thing age has brought to us that was not a youthful concern is a dislike of crowds.  Seems like the older we get the more we like a less hectic environment and standing in line at the movie theater, shoulder to shoulder in a sold out theater is not as appealing as it once was seemed to be.  We'll see it, soon though.  


But since it's opening today, while we won't be there this weekend, I wanted to put up this post and think back to those days in the late 70's and early 80's when I was carefree and experienced the wonder of a galaxy far, far away...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Methods of drainage (Open drainage, Closed drainage)