HOw To SHADOW OF A GARDENER


I was at the farm recently, planting flowers in some freshly 'augured' holes and I was wearing my normal garden hat.  It's just a regular, wide brimmed straw version that I got in Mexico a few years back and it does a great job of keeping the sun off my face and neck.  So here I am, kneeling down, putting a flower in the ground and as I was patting the dirt down around it, I noticed my shadow.  Thinking it would make for a fun picture, I pulled out my iPhone and snapped a quick photo.

I turned around to get the watering can and when I turned back, my shadow looked like this:


This caught me off guard because it totally looks like my Grandmother (on my Mom's side) as I remember her from my childhood!  She wore this big floppy hat when she was outside working on her garden.  She was also smaller in stature than I am now and had these rounded, slightly slumped shoulders.  Other than some familial facial features, we did not have any other physical resemblance, yet there she was, staring back at me!

Of course, I know it was just the angle, the way my head was turned making the hat look different...and while it was an eerie feeling to say the least, it was also comforting in a way.  You see, my Grandmother LOVED her gardening and while she enjoyed vegetable gardening (and made it look so easy, ha), she loved her flowers even more.  Perhaps she is happy that we are finally adding some of them to the farm...

* not our flowers...yet
Keep visiting Grandma, flowers are coming...eventually!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut