HOw To A TURTLE COMES TO VISIT



When we were at the farm recently, we were sitting on the porch and I noticed something moving in the driveway.  The way it was moving, and with my glasses kind of dusty from mowing, I thought it might be a snake.  So I moved closer...





...it was a turtle, the first one we've seen at the farm.   When I got close to it, he (she?) stopped moving and pulled in all the extremities.
Texas Box Turtle
I did some googling and it appears to be a "Texas Box Turtle".  It had very pretty markings and looked very healthy and large.  I moved away and let him/her be on its way.  It was definitely a turtle on a mission.   There is a pond site on the property, about 2 acres away, so we're guessing it was on its way to there.  Still, we will definitely be on the lookout in the future.  

I love when we find new wildlife on the property.

Speaking of, off to the farm today, there most likely won't be much to do, it's hot again (perhaps our hottest day so far) and so I'll just water and keep an eye out for our new turtle friend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut