HOw To FRUIT AND VEGGIE UPDATE
The garden is doing well! At first we were watering too much. I noticed a lot of standing water outside the garden area and the mulch (on the ground) was wet as well. Last week, we changed it to MWF for about 15 minutes (the weather was nice and cool). I noticed that they were still doing well but with the heat coming back, the soil seemed to dry out quicker so I decided to change it to MWF for 30 mins in the morning.
The poblano pepper has a pepper on it! Yay! Hopefully there will be more, as there are a couple more flowers and buds on it and of course it's still pretty small.
This is the TAM jalapeño, it also has a little pepper on it and a bunch of flowers and buds just waiting to become peppers. So far so good on this one as well.
This is a tomatillo. It's probably doing the best of everything so far, covered in flowers. Here is one that is already becoming the fruit that will be covered by the papery husk as it grows. It's fascinating watching them develop.
This tomato plant (as are most of the other tomatoes) is covered in flowers and looks healthy so that's a good sign.
Here is the only problem I noticed. This is the "Black Krim" tomato. The leaves are curled and kind of crispy. Is this lack of water? Too much heat? I've never grown this variety before so I'm not sure if our climate is just not good for it or what. Any suggestions?
Here is the zucchini that was planted last week. It's got blossoms all over it and has almost doubled in size. The yellow squash is also blossoming out. They both seem happy.
Here is the zucchini that was planted last week. It's got blossoms all over it and has almost doubled in size. The yellow squash is also blossoming out. They both seem happy.
And these two photos excited us. Above is the pear tree, it's COVERED in little pears! Last year I plucked them all off so the tree could focus on root growth. This year we have quite a few.
Below, what is this? Why it's an actual PEACH! There were several flowers and buds but this one is growing fast. I'm guessing that unfortunately it will end up getting eaten by an animal before we get to it, but I'll let it do its thing.

Comments
Post a Comment