HOw To A PRETTY DAY WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN

Blue farm sky
Saturday was such a great day, cool, no humidity, a breeze blowing and hardly a cloud in the sky.  Just big, beautiful blue Texas sky.

Breeze blowing
So of course, we opened the windows in the house and let the breeze blow through.  When you open them on opposite sides of the house, it gets such a great cross breeze.  The house has pretty much been sealed up all Summer because it was just so hot outside, we kept the windows closed.  So it's always nice this time of year to open things up and let it air out.

Windows open
You could hear birds chirping, the new wind chime I hung on the porch and the sound of the breeze coming through the screens...and a nap may have occurred here, I'm just sayin'. 

Here's a funny story.  When we would go visit my Grandparents, I would always take a nap right after we got there (even though I'm sure, were he here, my Dad would say that I was asleep the entire drive up there, but I digress).  My Grandmother had a couple of chenille bedspreads with these giant peacocks on them.  You know those old chenille ones with large ridges in the design?
I'd wake up with impressions and ridges on my face.  It was still a great nap.
I inherited those bedspreads when my Mom passed, they will make an appearance someday at the farm, in all their garish beauty.

Do you like opening windows on a pretty day?  We have friends in town that say "Oh, I NEVER open my windows".  Maybe it's a country thing?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut