HOw To FASCINATING GLIMPSE OF HISTORY, IN COLOR

I stumbled across these photos that were posted online the other day and thought I'd share.


The Denver Post published some amazing pictures of life in United States during the Great Depression and into the early part of WWII.  Sure we've all seen photos of this time period many times in our lives, in history books and on documentaries, but for the most part, we've never seen them quite like this.

For example, this homestead below:

Garden adjacent to the dugout home of Jane Whinery, homesteader.  Pie Town, New Mexico, September 1940.  Reproduction from color slide.  Photo by Russell Lee.  Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress.

These are some of the only known COLOR photos from that time period.  I have to admit, it's quite a jolt to see images like this and see how colorful life was.  It wasn't the drab brown, sepia tone and black and white images we've seen.  I guess I always knew people had to be wearing bright colors or were painting buildings vibrant shades but until you see it, it's hard to wrap your head around.

These photos reminded me of movie sets or extras from a period piece movie being filmed today.  Be sure and click on the link above to see all the great pictures.  Just extraordinary.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Methods of drainage (Open drainage, Closed drainage)