HOw To FINDING BEAUTY AT THE FARM

Mesquite sap amber, closeup
Two random farm photos that I just thought were pretty.
Above is some sap from the mesquite tree that had hardened and turned to amber.  I wish the camera would have picked it up, but when the sun hit it just right, they sparkled like little golden jewels all over the tree. So pretty. 2nd Family's daughter has been collecting it, and has a little box full of the amber.

Below is from 2nd Family's house, right by their front porch, and it gives me hope for color at our farmhouse.  This is called "Texas Sage".  I found out it is drought tolerant, grows in any soil, and best of all, blooms into this beautiful bush covered in light purple flowers!  I'm definitely getting some of these (maybe quite a few actually) this weekend at 70% off at the local garden center.  I wouldn't mind these all around the perimeter of the house.

Texas Sage in bloom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut