HOw To FRUIT TREES ARE FRUITING
Well, I might have given up the garden temporarily, but my green thumb, so far anyway, is at least extending to the fruit trees. I roamed around this weekend checking them out, watering, and looking for signs of stress, and other than the Satsuma that appears to be struggling, the others are doing well. In fact, several, as documented below, are putting on fruit!
There were several figs on this fig tree, about seven total...
...and then the other fig tree has a couple of large ones growing on it too.
Here is one pomegranate (blurry photo, the wind starting blowing) that is currently going from bloom to fruit. There are two other flowers on the tree that I hope will do the same soon.
One of the pear trees has put on two large pears...
...and the other one has a nice, large pear growing on it as well.
The apple and plum are both healthy and putting on leaves, the mayhaws have grown about six inches each, and the lemon and lime are hanging in there. I still have a couple more to purchase to complete the fruit tree plan for our farm. Then I have the two pecans to get in the ground as soon as I find the right spots for them. Because of their future extremely large size, I want to put them further away from the house as soon as I get some brush cleared.
OH! I almost forgot about the olive and the avocado! Those are in town and doing well in large clay pots. They might stay in town until the Fall as I'm not really sure where to put those and they require special growing conditions. I've already planned out spots for the others.
Fingers crossed that they all continue doing well.
Speaking of the garden debacle, I will respond to each of your wonderful comments this week. I wanted to take the time to respond to each one and ran out of time catching up on the other posts' comments first.
Rest assured that they were all very much appreciated.
The apple and plum are both healthy and putting on leaves, the mayhaws have grown about six inches each, and the lemon and lime are hanging in there. I still have a couple more to purchase to complete the fruit tree plan for our farm. Then I have the two pecans to get in the ground as soon as I find the right spots for them. Because of their future extremely large size, I want to put them further away from the house as soon as I get some brush cleared.
OH! I almost forgot about the olive and the avocado! Those are in town and doing well in large clay pots. They might stay in town until the Fall as I'm not really sure where to put those and they require special growing conditions. I've already planned out spots for the others.
Fingers crossed that they all continue doing well.
Speaking of the garden debacle, I will respond to each of your wonderful comments this week. I wanted to take the time to respond to each one and ran out of time catching up on the other posts' comments first.
Rest assured that they were all very much appreciated.
Comments
Post a Comment