HOw To HUISACHE TREE FOLLOWUP

While I'm on vacation, this is a repost of a popular, earlier entry in the blog that I thought I'd share with new readers.  It's such a pretty tree, it deserved a second mention.  Be sure and click on the link in the first sentence where I posted about all it's uses.  Pretty neat.

It was originally published 04/01/2012.  Enjoy!

Huisache Tree up close
As promised, I went over to see the Huisache tree I blogged about HERE.  While walking toward the one I saw, I found that we have more than just one or two.  I counted six of the trees while on my walk.  So here are a couple of them up close.  The flowers, as you can see, are very unusual, little puffballs of yellow.  As I pulled some off, I noticed they are also somewhat delicate.
Another Huisache tree
Here is another one of the trees, different from the one I photographed last time.  It's a nice size and there is this great little meadow in a clearing right around it.  I think I see a future picnic, dining site, ha.
Huisache flowers
The leaves are very fern like which is kind of cool.  But every single one of those flowers has a tiny little thorn right next to it.  Not very easy to harvest the flowers.
Hundreds of Huisache blooms
As for the scent that I mentioned, it's hard to describe.  It sort of reminded me of a pipe tobacco that my Dad used to smoke.  Kind of sweet and yet smokey.  It wasn't as sweet as I thought it was supposed to be, but it was still 'familiar'.  Kind of interesting, in that it's still used as a scent in perfumes today, maybe that's the reason for the familiarity? I can see though how it would be expensive as a fragrance ingredient due to the difficulty in harvesting.  Bottom line, it's a cool tree to have and we have at least six of them growing wild on the property.


Maybe next year I can work on some of the old home remedies/uses I blogged about in that first entry.


Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut