HOw To NO MORE FUNNY FRIDAY


With cartoons anyway....I got an email from a cartoonist that informed me I had used his cartoon without his permission and he asked that I take it down.  I had posted it because it was sent to me and it didn't have a name on it so I didn't know who to credit.  I told him that I have a disclaimer that I will take down or credit the owner in any photo but he reminded me that no one can put up anything that they didn't create without permission.

Of course I took his down immediately as I said I would.  I also told him that about 97% of what I post is my own stuff and that almost all the rest I credit to whom they belong and get permission (for example, Southern Living, they allow use of their photos as long as you credit them as the source).  There are just a few items I don't know the source of.  But alas, apparently on images like those cartoons, it's not legal to post it.

So I went back through and removed all the Friday Funnies that I posted that had cartoons (I might have missed a few but I'm still sorting through them).  I don't want to have anyone else get upset.  It's sad in a way because on the one hand, I think humor is universal and it's fun to share something funny that made you laugh, with others.  It's like when you get an email cartoon and mail it to everyone on your list, and people tell you that it made their day or they laughed for 5 minutes...but in the end, I understand.

So, I'll save the feature for something occasionally that makes me laugh like a joke I hear or a story that I thought was funny or something funny that happened to us.

Still, have a fun Friday, we've almost made it to the weekend.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut