HOw To PLANT CRAZY AT THE GARDEN CENTERS


Image courtesy of Houstongardencenters.com
This past week was a great one for shopping...plant shopping to be more specific.  I went plant crazy at a local nursery chain we have, Houston Garden Center, as evidenced by the image above.

I stopped in Home Depot for something else and decided to roam through their garden department.  I found a whole table of perennials, $2.00 each.  I got 4 Blue Plumbagos, 4 Black Eyed Susans, and 4 Lantanas.  Then I went to Houston Garden Center (ad above), where they have a 70% off all plants sale!
I bought 2 Mexican Firebush, 2 Purple Rubellia, 2 Balloon Flowers, 2 Firecracker Plants, 2 Durantas and 3 pots of Cannas (2 bulbs in each of several varieties).


Perennials
Then I went to another location a few days later and bought even more!


More perennials
I bought 2 Oleanders, 3 more Lantanas in different colors, 3 Mexican Heather plants, 2 Pentas in different colors, and 2 Esperanza Yellow Bells.  I still need to find some Texas Sage, but that's on the plan for this weekend and/or this week during my lunch break.

I purchased almost 40 plants and spent less than $70 total.  Even though each was priced differently that still averages out to less than $2 per plant.  Now I just need to care for them (watering them daily, keeping them in town) and once Fall arrives, along with its cooler weather, I can start planting them.

Hoping next Spring will be colorful and beautiful, like so many of the inspiration pictures I find every Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Methods of drainage (Open drainage, Closed drainage)