HOw To RED ANTS SIGHTING

Update later on the weekend and weed-fabric progress, but until then,
look away if creepy crawlies bug (ha, no pun intended) you!

Red ants
OK, I know this might seem like a strange post and an even stranger thing to say, but I was happy to find these large red ants.  Now mind you, these aren't fire ants.  These do sting (or bite) of course, but they aren't really aggressive to you like fire ants are.  I remember them from my Summers as a child staying with my Grandparent's in Oklahoma.  I used to spend hours watching them go to and from their nest.  I have rarely seen them in Houston, and at the farm, I had never seen them.

So during this weekend's unusually good weather, it was nice outside and I just stopped to watch them do their thing and take a few photos.

Yet more red ants 
It's fascinating because they are so large and easy to see, you can watch them pick things up and carry them around, follow the same trails, stop to 'communicate' with each other, etc.  It's fun, what can I say?

Red ants
Just another day in the country, watching ants, LOL.
Hmm, now that I think about it, is that the same thing as watching paint dry?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut