HOw To PLAYING WITH MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT

2nd Man surprised me for Christmas with a new camera.  It's a Nikon with interchangeable lenses and something like 28 megapixels.  So I spent part of the day at the farm yesterday, roaming around taking random pictures and experimenting with different effects and lenses.

Mistletoe in a tree
I found this mistletoe up high in a tree.
I was able to get some good details.

Red Fall leaves
These red Fall leaves were on a tree on the other side of the property, I just zoomed in on it.

Mesquite leaves closeup
I LOVE this photo of the Mesquite leaves.  This was probably 100 feet away.
It will be neat to focus on the subject and have the background in blur.

Blue the dog
As usual, 2nd Family's dog, "Blue" came to visit.  Of course, he killed a rat under this brush pile shortly after this photo was taken, but I'll spare you those pictures, all 'circle of life' and all.  I should add, as scary as he looks, he's a sweetheart and just wants to be loved and fetch sticks.

2nd Man said that he thought a good blogger needs a good camera, aww, he was very thoughtful.  My old camera was just that, old, so it was definitely time.  I feel like I'm a member of the paparazzi, only I guess my 'celebrities' will pretty much be the neighbor cows, ha.

Now mind you, I still have pictures of the farm that I've already taken that I'll use in upcoming posts.  They were taken by the old camera, so for the next few weeks, there will be a mixture of old and new, but it will be exciting to learn how to really use this new gizmo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Mango Hopper, Mango Defoliator, Banana Leaf and Fruit beetle, Citrus Caterpillar/ Lemon Butterfly, Rhinoceros Beetle of Coconut