HOw To PORCH CONTAINER / URN DECOR


Last spring, in the midst of my spring cleaning of the property at the farm (which has now turned all to weeds, but THAT'S another story), I found this vase/urn that "Ma" left behind when she moved.  It had a small tree in it that died in the previous Winter's freeze.  I was thinking of turning it into a fountain, which I blogged about HERE.  Of course, that would have had to be later on so until then, we just put it on the porch and left it alone, sort of forgot about it during all the remodeling stuff.

Flash forward to last week when I was out there waiting for the appliances, I decided that this corner of the porch, which is different now because of the new stairs, needed something.  The whole porch needs stuff of course, but I saw this sitting on the other end of the porch and moved it over there to just fill the space...and I think i like it there!  I could still make it a fountain, just run the cord underneath, but I'd worry about water possibly splashing all the time on the railings and porch floor.  It would probably be best if it ended up being a nice flower or plant of some sort.  Even though the porch isn't painted yet (we have to let the pressure treated wood "cure"), it still needs some curb appeal (even though the "curb" is 1/4 mile down the driveway, ha).

Of course, the middle of Winter isn't the best time to be plant shopping so this will have to be a Spring project.  Until then, it can sit there and look pretty, ha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Update Seed dormancy and its importance

New Update Methods of Fertilizer Application

New Update Methods of drainage (Open drainage, Closed drainage)