HOw To SEED CATALOG PALOOZA
So the other day, I blogged about how we had our first fairly hard freeze, which means the end of planting for this season and soon to be brown and lifeless for a few months. It also means more time inside. It can be rather depressing when all you want to do is go outside and plant.
So fast forward to night and when I got home from work, there they were...shining like jewels in the mailbox...SEED CATALOGS! GARDENING CATALOGS! PLANT CATALOGS! All of these came on the same day. Weird huh? There are more coming, I think I usually end up with almost twenty that all come in within a week or two of each other. It couldn't have been better timing to head off the Winter blahs.
So I laid them all out, poured myself a nice glass of
RED WINE (blogged about here), and sat down on the comfy couch to enjoy a trip into the future...Spring of 2012.
I can spend hours looking at gardening and seed catalogs. There is nothing better in the middle of a cold night than looking at the promise of Spring and all the potential that it holds...exotic vegetables we want to grow, dozens and dozens of different kinds of tomatoes, fruit and nut trees, flowers, bushes, plants, bulbs, shade loving plants, sun loving plants, perennials, annuals...the mind (and wallet) races at the very thought.
Tonight (and more or less on and off all weekend) will be part two. What I usually do first is page through them and get a feel for what I'm interested in, and then go back later and look through them with a little more quality time and a red marker...you know, for circling the important stuff!
Winter planning leads to Spring planting
Later this weekend, I'll publish a list of my favorite catalogs and seed companies to share. As I said these are just a few that I got, there are more coming, hopefully even today and/or tomorrow.
What about you, what are your favorite catalogs for planning your Spring?
So I laid them all out, poured myself a nice glass of
RED WINE (blogged about here), and sat down on the comfy couch to enjoy a trip into the future...Spring of 2012.
I can spend hours looking at gardening and seed catalogs. There is nothing better in the middle of a cold night than looking at the promise of Spring and all the potential that it holds...exotic vegetables we want to grow, dozens and dozens of different kinds of tomatoes, fruit and nut trees, flowers, bushes, plants, bulbs, shade loving plants, sun loving plants, perennials, annuals...the mind (and wallet) races at the very thought.
Tonight (and more or less on and off all weekend) will be part two. What I usually do first is page through them and get a feel for what I'm interested in, and then go back later and look through them with a little more quality time and a red marker...you know, for circling the important stuff!
Winter planning leads to Spring planting
Later this weekend, I'll publish a list of my favorite catalogs and seed companies to share. As I said these are just a few that I got, there are more coming, hopefully even today and/or tomorrow.
What about you, what are your favorite catalogs for planning your Spring?
Comments
Post a Comment