HOw To SPRINKLERS SPRINKLERS EVERYWHERE
One of the things we need, especially since the grass is just now recovering from last Summer's epic drought, is a sprinkler (or two or three). This weekend, I did some watering but it was a tedious process. I need something better. So I started looking and I guess I didn't realize there are so many options. We can't have an in ground system, not this year anyway, but I'd still like to keep the yards around the house green for this season.
SO, I need to see what people use, what they like, what doesn't work, etc.
I have narrowed it down to the three main types:
![]() |
| Oscillating Sprinkler |
This is the one I call the "old school" kind, the oscillating sprinkler. You just put it where you want it in the yard and it arches back and forth to water a specific swath of the yard.
![]() |
| Tripod or stand sprinkler |
This kind probably has the furthest reach, at least I assume, since the sprinkler head is attached at the top of the stand and then shoots water outward in a 360 degree radius around the yard.
![]() |
| Traveling or tractor sprinkler |
This one is the one I know the least about. It has a gear drive that lets it "travel" along the length of the hose. I'm not sure if it covers as much, I just don't really know. It does appear to be the most expensive of the three styles.
So do I just go old school and get an oscillator or two and just move them around in the yard? Or get a tripod and let it go round and round? Or get a tractor and let it move back and forth along the hose?
Thoughts and/or all suggestions welcome!
Thoughts and/or all suggestions welcome!



Comments
Post a Comment