HOw To FLATWARE IN A CANNING JAR
| Utensils in canning jars |
Recently, we bought some assorted vintage silverware in a service for eight. They are very cool and we love the randomness of them because the pieces don't match. Our first thought was of course a drawer, sorting them all by size and use. But with only four drawers in the entire kitchen, we decided to think 'outside the drawer' so to speak.
I looked around at all the assorted canning jars we have, and a light bulb went off. I decided to use those instead! So I put all the knives (below) in one with a narrow opening, the large forks and spoons in another larger wide mouth jar, and then salad forks and soup spoons in a smaller, shorter jar (both above).
It makes things easily accessible and looks like it belongs. I think it even has a sense of country charm that we enjoy.
I looked around at all the assorted canning jars we have, and a light bulb went off. I decided to use those instead! So I put all the knives (below) in one with a narrow opening, the large forks and spoons in another larger wide mouth jar, and then salad forks and soup spoons in a smaller, shorter jar (both above).
It makes things easily accessible and looks like it belongs. I think it even has a sense of country charm that we enjoy.
| Silverware in a canning jar |
Comments
Post a Comment